Monday, March 06, 2006

Blog name change

Well my blog name has changed from 5 cats..... to 4 cats... We gave one of our cats away and it was one of my favorites. We do not normally do these kinds of things but, 2 things prompted it, the move and her best interests. We are moving to a new apartment that is much smaller and the Super thinks we have 1 dog and 1 cat. So, we decided we should give a cat away and we decided it would be Cleo. Cleo is a silver Tabby Persian. She never grew she is about 5 pounds and mostly fur. The problem is she needs to be brushed daily and is a really baby and need attention every second that she is awake. She wants to always be on you and constantly stroked. This was a hard task to accomplish before Robbie came, in an busy multi prt household but, with a baby almost impossible. The poor cat was becoming matted and lonely. So, we know from experience, that when we are away she always bonds with her sitter. So we knew she would be happy else where. We started asking around and Karen Mom's wanted her.
WARNING MIL VENT AHEAD. Karen's mom phones me last week and tells me how much she loves Cleo and would love to have her. I am about to tell her I will consider it when she says. " I just have one condition I want to have her declawed, because I do not want her to ruin my bedroom set" WTF. In my head I think, "You can't love her too much apparently you love your bedroom set more". Instead I calmly say, " I am sorry the answer is no, declawing is against my beliefs" . Then fill in MIL trying to make me feel guilty and naming nice people who have done this. I say "I have researched this and it is like an amputation, cutting of the tips on ones fingers, many vets will not do it and they can get arthritis in later life". MIL adds more guilt and I say, "Listen, I am not saying you or your sister (who just had cat declawed) are bad people, it just means a lot to me, when Karen and I were about to move in together she said she would only move in if I had my 3 cats declawed, and I said, I guess you are not moving in, of course she changed her mind(now she is against it too). Then I put Grandson on the phone to distract MIL, and it works. Karen, calls her Mom later and says "Mom, if you want a Cat why not take Princess (one of our Cats that lived with Karen before she lived with me and who her mother forced her too have declawed years ago)." Guess, what MIL does not want Princess because Princess is old, fat, cranky, with a weak bladder (personally I think they are long lost twins) because she wants something cute and little. ARGH! I won't criticize it speaks for itself.
Flash forward to Saturday, we get a call from the people that took our shit tzu (we had to give her up because she kept trying to bite Robbie). These people are great there who house is set up for the comfort of their dogs and cats and the yard is fenced in for the dogs to play. We tell them what is going on and they say they want her and her claws will stay. They want her then and there and are at our house within a half hour to pick her up. I was sad when they were on there way. I picked up Cleo and she curls into me like a newborn and purrs. Then later that night they call they love her, our old dog Angel was thrilled to see her and they are sending her to the groomer next week. I know I made the right decision!

No comments: