Thursday, January 12, 2006

Still Sick: Getting Testing

I have now been sick since December 18th, at first they thought, it was an allergy, (testing ruled that out), a virus, depression, none of these are the case.Now they think it is my esophagus. The problem is shortly after I eat most foods my throat feels full and like it is closing, I feel like I can't swallow and need to burp. That is the worst part of it. Now, I wake in the morning nauseous and super tired. Have some boost. Then by lunch I am usually hungry and have a small meal. Then I nap with Robbie. Then I have a small supper and usually my throat fills up again and I am exhausted. On a good night I can give Robbie a bath and play with him, on a bad night, no bath and I watch him play. Since this started Robbie has wanted to nurse non-stop and that is taking some energy. So, I am trying to cut him back to morning, nap and night. I have lost 12 pounds. I had a barium x-ray on Monday and on Wednesday, I have a gastroscopy. So, hopefully next week, I will have some answers. I am really sick of being sick and would like to enjoy my son more.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I hope they are able to figure out what is the matter and you get some relief soon.

Sonya said...

Oh wow Catherine!

I've been thinking about you a lot lately. Haven't seen you around. I was hoping things were okay, but it looks like its been a bit rough going.

I hope they figure something out and soon!

Healing thoughts!