Tuesday, October 07, 2008

More bad news from Montreal

I found out today from our friends (the ones that have had a complaint against them) that a common acquaintance may be losing the child they were hoping to adopt. We first met these two ladies at a fostering with a view to adopt seminar 5 years ago. We did not pursue it as I was pg and didn't know it. They adopted a little boy who was placed with them at 4 days old. Last year these 2 mom's took in a little 18 month old in the fostering with a view to adopt program. They were getting ready to finalize the adoption when they got a call. The child is Cree and the Cree's have their own social agency for placement and adoption and they want the child and want it to be placed with a Cree family. I am all for kids being placed with families of the same cultural background. But, that should have been checked out a year ago, and papers signed before the child was placed. This is not in the best interest of the child.
All this is making me nervous. We have all our paperwork done and are awaiting one more document before starting training and home visit. It is a scary risk. This coupled with knowing a lot of people with babies. Part of me is still struggling with giving up being pg again and having a baby. I love babies. I watched DW hold a crying baby today while Robbie was in his preschool group, and soothe him. She was so good and so happy holding the baby. I thought I would cry. We loved Robbie's babyhood. I am excited to give an older child a home and Robbie a sibling close in age. But, part of me also wants a baby! Okay done having a tantrum.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

That's so sad Catherine. Sometimes I just don't get it and I'm in the social work field. If you don't mind me asking, what age range are you looking into? I don't blame you for missing wanting a baby.

bleu said...

I "get" everything you are saying and truly have no advice but wanted to send a hug your way.