Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Disaster Day

What a day. I woke up with my cold worse and my almost not able to use my voice. It is also super windy and rainy. Worked in the morning feeling miserable. Came home at lunch. Guess what? The roof is leaking. It is leaking right through the lights on the ceiling. The fire department came and turned off 75% of our electricity, including the heat and the stove. The roofers say we need a new roof. We don't have the money for a new roof. We have sank all our money and credit into renovating the house. The insurance adjusters are coming tomorrow. They will cover it if it is wind damage. Praying it is wind damage. I WISH WE NEVER BOUGHT A HOUSE. AND I DON"T KNOW WHAT WE ARE GOING TO DO?

2 comments:

bleu said...

Oh gawd hun I am so so sorry. What a pain int he ass and sooo frustrating.

Lets hope it is sooooooo wind damage!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear this-- I can't imagine how stressful this is. Actually we have been going through this kind of hell (different house problem, same GIANT cost and stress) and in those moments its so easy to be so mad at home ownership...

I really really hope that it was the wind that destroyed it so insurance will deal with it...

And for the throat, boil then simmer ginger (about a 2" knob, chopped) in water for at least 20 minutes and add lemon juice (about one lemon worth) and watch your voice slowly come back to life...

hugs from here...