Saturday, December 06, 2008

Small Complaint

A lot of my dearest online friends are giving birth or about to give birth to babies. My hears swells for happiness for them, because I have cried with along with them, during their long difficult journeys. I remember so well the joy they feel now, I felt it too when pregnant and after birth. And every day I feel lucky to have the best boy in the world. But, here is the hard part; I have worked hard in the last year and half to put my failed ttc#2 journey behind me. I have moved on happily to the idea of adopting an older child. But, sharing in their joy makes me remember what I am missing out on. As much as I want an older child, I also still want a baby. I want to be pregnant, and to breast feed and hold a tiny life close and tight. I will probably won't have a baby in my life until I am a grandmother. Even if I want to ttc and give it one last shot. I can't, my health does not allow it. My body failed me by not getting pregnant last year, and kept on going by leaving it impossible for me to ttc. I mean it is possible, but it would be so high risk, that it would not be fair to Karen and Robbie. I guess it is possible after the surgery, maybe 39 won't too late? Maybe, I will be happy with Robbie and older child. It is just new babies bring that longing back.
On a good note I am done my adoption training. Home study should be in 2 or 3 months. I am hoping we have placement early summer after my surgery is complete.

3 comments:

bleu said...

My heart just aches for you in so many ways. I am thrilled you are done with the training though.

I am also happy you will have this surgery which should make things much better for you all and lower stress levels hopefully.

Much love.

Lisa said...

So glad to "hear" from you. Glad the adoption training part is over. I hope 2009 brings you the wonderful addition to your family.

Anonymous said...

Nice to see you back... I so know what you are talking about-- no matter how happy we are when loved ones have babies, its hard not to feel our own loss...

I hope that the adoption process moves swiftly and that by the end of 2009 Robbie becomes a sibling...

hugs from here...