Thursday, January 29, 2009

Sick Boy


I haven't updated in awhile. It is because I have a sick boy, for almost 2 weeks. And we are both sick ourselves. Robbie started out with days of a fever and cold symptoms. And a cough so bad that we all did not sleep for 7 days. It woke him up crying for me ever 15-30 minutes all night. Took him to a clinic, they said it was a small ear infection, got some antibiotics. The next day he was falling on the floor coughing and turning purple. Took him to the ER. They did some x-rays and found pneumonia. Gave us some puffers and told us to come back the next day. The following day all he did was sleep and lay on me and throw up. Back to the ER and got a new antibiotic and a medicine for the cough (we started sleeping though the night after this). Saw, my dr. 2 days ago and she said the ears are healing but his chest is still a little rattley. He has slept and enormous amount 12 hours at night (since the medicine last friday) and naps during the day. He usuually sleep 10 hours at night and hasn't napped since his second birthday. Yesterday, seemeed to be a turning point. He did not nap, played and gave me a hard time about bed time. He is still coughing and wheezing, but his energy and appetite are better. Hopefully, after missing 2 weeks of preschool we will be able to send him back next week.

Here is a picture of him during one of the many naps he has had in the last week and half.

5 comments:

bleu said...

What a PRECIOUS picture. Poor lil guy.
I hope this turning point just gets better and better , how miserable for all of you!!

luckyduck said...

Poor sweet boy! I hope he (and you) feel better soon
Jill

Anonymous said...

Awww poor little guy-- and poor mums! Hope you are all feeling better. What a cutie though, even if sick and asleep!

MSEH said...

Oh, my goodness. So sorry to hear this. But, what a sweetie. I hope everyone is on the mend!

Anonymous said...

Poor little guy!