Monday, January 19, 2009

Things are kind of sucky

I have been worried about money lately. I haven't been called to supply teach since the holidays. It always happens, as it is high school exam and turn around time. But, this year we have a few more bills from the damage to the house before Christmas. Just as I was trying to make a plan to pay stuff off. Karen tells me that her company is discontinuing monthly bonus. She gets a bonus every month, based on stats. And she always gets the top bonus or the second(she is such a hard worker). We have officially been hit by the recession. This going to make a difference of 3,000-4,000 a year. Which is big bucks for us. So, we are trying to regroup and figure out some options. I wish I was better, so I could go get a full-time job and save the day. But, at least with 2 part-time flex hour jobs, I am saving us daycare fees.

And the boy is sick. He has had a fever for 2 days, is stuffed up, and coughing. He has been sleeping in bed with us. And he has been up a dozen times a night. And no one is getting any sleep. Well, except the dog she is doing great.

4 comments:

bleu said...

lol at the dog.

I am sorry about the money stresses, they truly suck. I also hope the boy feels better soon.

Anonymous said...

I hope he feels better soon and the $ situation improves.

Anonymous said...

Aw, I am sorry to hear robbie is sick... I hope he gets better soon, I know its so stressful...

I also hope you find a way around the money troubles. I can appreciate that losing that kind of money annually, could be a serious problem...

hugs...

Unknown said...

I'm sorry to hear money is giving you headaches. It's such a crappy time. I hope things get better.