Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Preschool Drop-out

We decided to pull Robbie out of preschool. His last day was Thursday. And we are happy with our decision.
We have already had him in a cooking class. Which he loves and he is signed up for more. He has had 2 great playdates, which we were there for and have been able to direct his social skills. We have had time for his OT homework. He is going to a Fancy Nancy Tea Party tomorrow. And playgroup is up and running again next week. He is happy, well rested and having fun. That is what being 4 is all about. Not, complaining about preschool, not eating breakfast and being down.

In other news. AF is coming really fast and often every 2 1/2 to 3 weeks. I am going to the dr. and ask why. I hope this does not mean menopause. And I have a cold. I haven't been blogging much we have been getting a ton of snow and ice and that makes me blah.

4 comments:

luckyduck said...

I am so glad you are pleased with your decision to pull Robbie out of preschool. This is one of the few opportunities you will have to get him out of a yucky situation. He gets a little extra time to be a kid! Good job! (It also sounds like he gets LOTS of opp. to practice social skills. . .excellent work!)
Jill

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you made a good decision about pre-school... I wish there was a way to work less and give Mo more freedom, but alas, in this crazy city I live in, its not an option! I bet its also much more fun for you 2 mammas...

Lisa said...

I think as long as Robbie is socializing in some way with peers his age, that's all that matters. Being a fan of cooking, it's great to hear that they have cooking classes for kids his age. Take pics.

feral geographer said...

Hi Catherine,

I'm feral geographer and I blog at http://www.feralgeographer.wordpress.com. Along with Mae Callen of Driving Fast on Loose Gravel (http://maecallen.blogspot.com), I'm working on creating an active blogroll of queer blogs from Canada and/or by Canadians. The project is called Queer Canada Blogs (http://queercanadablogs.blogspot.com), and we've added your blog!
Please check it out and let us know if you have any suggestions for other blogs we can add.

Thanks!
feral geographer

(Feel free to delete this comment... I just wanted to contact you, and couldn't find an email address!)