Saturday, June 28, 2008

20th Reunion Picinic

I am on my way to my 20th high school reunion picnic. My best friend keeps correcting me that it is my 10th, so we don't feel so old. I am feeling ambivalent about it. I didn't have many friends in high school. I was in the punk rock world, so I certainly wasn't in with "In Crowd", nor did I want to be. I had a few friends in my graduating class. Most of them I know as acquaintances and stop to chat with if I see them on the street. My dearest friend from my graduating class, Dave, has been dead for a few years. My best friend didn't go to my school, and we are still best friends. Anyone from my graduating class I will see at my reunion are just old acquaintances or strangers. I decided to forgo the big activities (wine & cheese, dinner & dance, & breakfast). Instead I opted for the family picnic. I can gawk at some people and see how they aged, and Robbie can play. I am not sure if I will have fun or not, but no expectations. I will update later. But, in honor of the day here are some pictures of me in High School.


I am about 16 in this Picture
This is me and my good friend Katie and her then boyfriend Vance (Who did graduate with me, but hates reunions). We used to hug and pretend to be lesbians to tease Vance. Okay, we both are now lesbians, funny joke!
Me and My Prom date!

No comments: