Friday, June 27, 2008

Stupid Heart

My stupid heart won't co-operate with me, like the rest of my body. Monday-Wednesday I had a 48 monitor hooked up to me, and I don't think anything significant happened, except for a lot itching from the tape. I went to bed last night and woke-up 3 times out of dead sleep with my heart racing. Now, that I am up, my heart is still going fast, not bad enough to go to the dr, but it is hovering at 115, while I sit her typing. Why didn't it do this during the test? Of course it waits, argh! I really am resenting this problem. This is stopping me from traveling this summer (we have no a/c in the car and heat makes it worse), makes me scared to walk to the park with Robbie myself, and it is the reason I can't ttc. I am really thinking I have to get my courage together and have the procedure, so I can move on and have a normal life. I don't need to worry about giving my son a piggyback!

2 comments:

Casey said...

Hey - welcome back to blog-land! Sorry to hear about your heart issues - what happened to trigger it all? I have periods of rapid heart beats for no reason so I'm just wondering about your experience. (my dx years ago was I have an "extra" beat thrown in every now and again. It's been more than every now and again the past few years....)

Good to read some updates. And wow! Robbie is growing up!

Catherine said...

HI Casey, it is good to be back. I have what you described over the last few years. But, I ended in the hospital with a heart rate that was 160 and would not go down. They had to stop and restart my heart. I will probably have a procedure to fix it, just need to get brave!