Sunday, November 02, 2008

Halloween




Halloween is a big deal around here. Mainly, because Robbie is really into it. He said it is better than Christmas. He picked his costume last year, a few days after halloween on a clearance rack and stuck to the decision.

Our Halloween started on Tuesday, where his social skills group had a party and practiced trick or treat. He could barely contain himself or stay in his seat that day. He was the only child that would not take his costume off for snack. And during the practice trick or treat he turned down plain chips because he doesn't like them. I had a talk with him after, I told him if he does that on Halloween he will hurt peoples feelings. I said if he took all the plain chips, I would buy him a big bag of dill pickle.

On Thursday there was a pj halloween party at Playgroup. He refused to where pjs to a halloween party. So, my little pumpkin was the only one in costume. It didn't seem to bother him.

On Friday, we went to a Halloween party in the morning at Lily Lake. My little pumpkin got to me the Magician's helper and was thrilled. The only bad part about the party was the trolley ride around the park. One of the horses was going slow and the driver his it hard with leather twice. The horse never sped up. And the poor thing had a another group waiting for it, when we came back. I talked with Robbie about it and he doesn't want to go on more Trolley rides. He thanked the horses and told them they did a good job. I am putting in a complaint.

Friday night we went to the Mall trick or treating and did a few blocks nearby. I had a hard time that night. My heart was racing, in spite of several ativans. So, I stayed at the end of the driveways, and let him and Karen go up the stairs to houses. Of course he told everyone who gave him plain chips that he didn't like them and he was giving them to Mommy. SIGH. After Trick or Treating we went to my Mom's where he gets a huge bag of special treats. I swear I have enough Candy for a whole school! Then we topped it off with fireworks at the lake.

Hopefully next year, we will have 2 kids trick or treating and my heart will be all fixed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

adorbale costume, but even cuter kid! I can't believe he willingly wore a hat. How'd you do that???

Catherine said...

He just loves anything to do with halloween. We could not get him to take that hat off.