Friday, August 08, 2008

Sometimes it is hard being an Only

I took Robbie to the playground this morning. It was the first morning without Rain in a long time. He found 3 sisters aged 2, 4, & 6 to play with. He had so much fun with them Then they decided to go to see the farm animals. He wanted to go with them. I felt like I was crashing their party, but I said yes. Then they were going to the grocery store after, so we said goodbye and left them. They were his new friends and he wanted to go. It was so hard to say no and take him home. He wanted to play with them all day. I remember feeling like this when I was little. The little girls liked him, but were not upset when he left, as they had each other. Poor monkey, he is lonely. I am going to have to take him to places with kids this weekend and see if I can set up a playdate next week.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Growing up in a big family I don't know what it's like to feel like Robbie. I've always thought that kids needed a sibling to grow up with. Where do things stand with the adoption process? I pray that things are moving along in the right direction so that Robbie has a sibling & playmate soon.

Lisa said...

Robbie is so lucky to have mamas who are sensitive to this issue. Are you an only child Cathy?