Tuesday, December 06, 2005

The election again

Well, the homophobic conservative party is offering lots of goodies if they win; a reduction on GST (sales tax) and $1200 for each child under 6. This seems to make people forget they are trying to over turn the gay marriage law, if they even care. In a yahoo group I belong to, comprised of punk rockers from my home province, they are debating the election. Talking about if it is good to have it in the winter and talking about the reduced GST. What the hell? They are talking like the gay marriage doesn't even exist. Granted I am the only gay person in this group. But, I am disturbed to see how far away the issue is from the straight folk, especially such a usually political group. And I wonder would I be like them if it was a different issue, say less rights for the disabled, less rights for immigrants. I hope I would be worried about it and not excited about false promises of tax cuts.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I am holding onto the hope that Stephen Harper will say something completely assinine before the election (as he has done in the past) so people realize what a horrible, bigotted little man he is.