Monday, December 05, 2005

In a bad mood

I have been in a bad mood for the past 24 hours. It started yesterday, our friends came over with their daughter who I thought was recovering from larengetsis, but it was the croup (this was all a english/french translation misunderstanding). I scrubbed everything down after they left. Fingers crossed Robbie does not get it, because with previous respiratory problems this would be hard on him. Then Karen and Robbie had breakfast in my office, I didn't want them to come. I was under a big deadline this morning and Karen is slow in the morning and made me late. And as much as I adore my son, a toddler running around my office causing mayhem is a distraction. SO, Karen and I argued bigtime at my office, in the middle of this one of my bosses grad students came in and used the printer, she isn't supposed to but ordinarily it was not a big deal, but I was trying to print out important deadline documents for my boss. And so I snapped at her too. The problem with Karen and I, is we work opposite schedules and only get to see each other on weekends, and weekends we try to play catch with the house, bill and friends. So, we are not communicating and end up getting angry, which in the long run is more time consuming, then just finding time to talk things out. Know that my deadline has passed. I feel guilty for being so Cranky with everyone. I wish Karen and I could spend the day together, but she works when I get home. And next weekend is busy, birthday dinner for her mom on Saturday and Lesbian Mom's Christmas Party on Sunday. TIS THE SEASON TO BE JOLLY!

2 comments:

Casey said...

Oh boy do I ever understand the "two ships that pass" problem when it comes to relationships. I find the same things are going on with D and I. Lack of time together seems to equate to snapping at each other.

Hang in there and maybe plan some time for the two of you to be together, alone, for a few hours. (I should take this same advice but I won't. There just isn't enough time, is there?)

Catherine said...

Thanks, Casey. Glad to know I am not alone. We should take time alone together and probably will try over the holidays. I feel to guilty to leave him on the weekends, after I have worked all week. Maybe you and D will get some alone time at the holidays.