Sunday, July 20, 2008

New Residents at my house


As you all know, I have a whole groundhog family, including babies living on my property. That is fine, we feed them and they can take care of themselves quite well. Well, now we have new residents. Ones I am concerned for. A mommy cat and her 4 kittens are living under our shed (The picture above is of them, but they are too scared to get a good picture). The kittens are only about 3 or 4 weeks old. We are feeding them. We don't dare bring them in, I can't bring them in here, there is no private room where my cats can't access them, besides Robbie's room. We thought of the local animal shelter, but they are a kill shelter, that is currently overrun with cats and is putting most of them down. It is warm and nice out, we are feeding them, and then plan to give them away when they are a few weeks older. We can't keep them as we already have 4 very old cats. I hope I am doing the right thing by feeding them and letting them stay where they are for now. I have sent out 80 emails to local friends hoping to find a home. Any advice from fellow bloggers? How would you handle this?

2 comments:

Becky Le Cochon said...

ohhh boy...the kind of vistors that NEVER leave...lol...

Thanks of the words of support..It's just sooo urghhh. i never banked on this, feeling like this. I always thought I would be pregnant and have a baby and then ki will...sighhhhh

Becky Le Cochon said...

See thats a major part of what scares me....I got pregnant on my first try :-(