Tuesday, July 22, 2008

PSVT driving me crazy

PSVT is driving me crazy. Yesterday, for no reason my heart started beating at 144 just getting up getting Robbie a snack, about 45 minutes to get it back to normal. And the rest of the night was spent on the couch. This morning was normal until 10:00 another 45 minute attack, hovering between 135-142 just sitting up doing nothing. I never know what to do, wait it out, call an ambulance. I can not wait until my appointment next week, I need medicine for this. Something in my heart is sending a very mixed up message. And let me say last night it was a challenge to look after Robbie during the episode. I also couldn't play with him, which makes me feel guilty.

1 comment:

bleu said...

Catherine I want to say I am so sorry you are dealing with this. When I was young (18 or 19) I had a heart block with a heart rate over 240. I saw a doc and for a short time I would get worked up or scared or anything that startled me and my heart would not slow down. It was not, by any means, what you have. I was given beta blockers for a short time (have they tried those with you yet?) but my doc insisted I take some biofeedback instruction. It really works wonders. There are tons of online walkthroughs you could find. I am just thinking for when you are "in it" you could maybe try so use it to help the fears associated with it and not knowing if you should call an ambulance or just wait, maybe then it could help you to get through it a tiny bit calmer??

Sending love.