Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Book Launch

I have been recently published twice, I have a 2 chapters in edited books one very academic book
  • Just who do we think we are? Methodologies for self study in education
  • and one academic but a little more main stream & fun
  • Not Just Any Dress: Narratives of Memory, Body and Identity


  • Last night my bosses (the editors of both books) held a book launch for, Just who do we think we are, and Robbie and I both went. Robbie had a ball and stuffed himself with cheese and crackers and garlic dip and basked in the compliments and attention (so much attention, you would swear he was an author). He was nice enough to have a nap minutes before they called authors up, to do a short reading from their chapters. I got a chance to read a few paragraphs and it was so much fun. I love reading to the group and I loved what I had written. It made me realize I really miss my academic life, I miss writing, I miss speaking to conferences and classes and making research discoveries. I really have to get my act together and save up enough money to finish my PHD because it would be a waste to lose out on something I love so much. It was also nice to see people I hadn't seen in a long while. And nice, that people asked me to sign my chapter. I don't usually brag about myself, but I had to, last night was just special. The only thing missing was Karen (she had to work), although she always finds these academic gatherings boring and tedious anyway.

    1 comment:

    Trista said...

    Congratulations on the publications and book launch.

    I, too, am missing academic life like crazy. I want to go back!