Thursday, November 03, 2005

I Hate Everyone: Or Sleep Part 2

This is a pity party, so if that is annoying to you do not enter. I am sorry I am using this space for this. I have plans for so many other things, I mean there is so much to say about my busy boy independent toddler one minute and sweet cuddly baby the next, But today is not one of those days. Things have been just going downhill for me since last night, I tried to get to sleep early to get some rest but as I was brushing my teeth a screw fell out of my glasses and the lens fell out. I spent 30 minutes on my hands and knees looking for it. Karen came home and found it and fixed it, so she at least saved the night. Robbie had one of those nights, again. Up every 30-60 minutes until 5 am when he was up every 10-5 minutes. He needed to either be nursing or having his back rubbed. If he wasn't nursing he wan't to pull my hair. I really feel like saying "I have had enough, leave me alone do not touch me". Don;t get me wrong I like to share affection with my son, but not all night long every few minutes, I feel my body is no longer my own. Then I get out of bed at 7 and leave him and Karen sleeping. What do I find Bella has pooped on the floor again and ate some and ground it into the floor, she is a frigging genius this dog. I ignore it for one moment and go to get a glass of water and what do I find, a cat has peed in the dishrack. This is too much, I get Karen out of bed to help. I am crying and yelling at her. She cleans and listens to me and says "Honey maybe you should wean him" Like that would solve anything,, I just wanted her to listen, not try to solve. What suck is I am mad at her more than I need to be. I love her she is my wife, but this lack of sleep has killed my sex drive, Robbie's constant touching has made me not want to cuddle and I am always snappy. I do not know how she takes it. And the pets I was just looking at them, and thinking what do you guys contribute, food, money, No just mess. THis sleep problem also affects my parenting, when I come from work, I only have the energy to sit on the couch and watch him play, I am not doing the great fun games and activities Karen is. I left the house this morning 15 minutes early just to get away, or maybe to give them a break from me or both. I love Karen, Robbie and the pets a lot, but the way things are going I am not able to give any of them what they deserve. I am having Karen call Robbie's resprirologist today and tell him Robbies sleep is going downhill (a few weeks ago he was only waking 2 or 3 times a night). We are going to ask for an overnight sleep test, to see if he is having breathing problems again. Maybe his tonsil are getting worse, maybe, he is not doing well off his acid reflux meds, maybe his larnygomalsia is worse. Maybe there is an answer and this doctor is always helpful. I hope my next post is better. I just need to vent, and get it all out.

2 comments:

Estelle said...

Vent away. It's your space, no one elses. Don't feel bad about bitching. G-d knows I bitch all the time and people still come back for more :)

Casey said...

I'm so sorry! As the mom of two kids who are world class sucky sleepers, I understand your pain. I hope the doc can offer some insight. Lack of sleep colors everything....and not in a good way.

Here's hoping you are snoring peacefully right now.