Friday, November 04, 2005

Today is a much better day!

Well Robbie still slept crappy last night, but Karen really helped. We discovered a trick if when he wakes up I nurse him, then rub his back for a minute, we do a switch over during the rub and he is sedated enough with boob juice not to notice the switch. Anyway, I didn't get a lot of sleep, but a little more is better than none.
And today I learned how to post materials to my boss' research website. I can do it on my own. Which is good for my boss she does not need to have web techy person on staff all the time. And for me who use to send all the materials and corrections to the web person, it means control. Which I love, I am a control freak.
Also, today I went to the shrink and he really helped me understand my panic attacks and how to deal with them. I understand they stem from the dizzy sensation I had after my gallbladder surgery and having a small child. Basically the dizzy spells scared me and when I had the first one I worried about how I would look after Robbie, and bam Panic Attack. Downhill worrying about the worst to the extreme. He told me the best way to deal with them was to be distracted, if I busy myself I just won't have time. Now, I know I tend to have them with Karen and my Boss because they are very nurturing and caring and try to help me in a "What can I do for you sweetie, way". This is the worst thing they can do and probably why I have attacks around them. I will be starting a group that trains you in technique for dealing with. Todays, session made me feel a little more powerful over these attacks.
The best part of today is that it is Friday, and Karen works only until 8 instead of 11. So, we get to see each other and I keep Robbie up so he can have a bath with her. He stays up and hour later, but it is worth it to see how happy he is to be with both his moms. He is so happy, huggie and giggly on Friday nights. Then when he goes to sleep Karen and I curl up on the couch and put in last nights episode of the L-word snuggle up and argue about the ethics of the characters on the show.

No comments: