Tuesday, November 15, 2005

I have a toddler!

For better or worse I really have a toddler now. I remember when he turned one the BC bulletin called him a toddler and I thought no he is more of a baby. Not anymore. He follows me everywhere repeats everything I say and loves to get into everything. Yesterday, when his Sesame Street tape was done. He stomped he pointed to where the tapes where his Sesame Street tapes are and started sceaming "ELMO, ELMO". Then he tries to climb the shelf to get to the tapes I take him down. NExt, he pulls out all my blank tapes and hands them to me. Then for 10 minutes straighht he sceamed and cried and walked around stamping his feet. No, amount of redirection would help. Then an hour later it was snack time and gave him some goldfish crackers while I munched on some marshmallows. I turned my back for a second and all the fish crackers were on the floor and he was walking on them. So, As I get down on my hand and knees to clean, I hear laughter. I look up his face is full of marshmallows and he is dumping the bag all over the ground up fish and stepping on them! Wow, he can wreck a room it under 20 seconds. Of course he melts my heart a few minutes later by sitting on the potty and jumping up saying "All done" (he didn't do anything in it, he just says that) and later on in the tub he washes his hair by himself. so cute. His moods change in a second and he has me there with him. So, for better and worse he is a toddler.

1 comment:

Casey said...

Toddlerhood is fun....trying and exhausting but fun! They learn so much as such a rapid pace - it's truly spectacular to witness.

Enjoy!