Friday, November 18, 2005

What Happened to us?




The photos use see here are one of my best friend and 2 of me. My best friend Lesley is very cool as you can see. I am sort of cool not as cool looking as I used to be, the blue haired picture I am 30 (2000) and in the other picture I am 14. The picture of my best friend is pretty recent she still looks cool. And when we are together we are super cool. I remember meeting her at 14, I was at a friends house and she was there having her hair dyed 8 shades of purple. I thought she was the neatest girl I ever met and she was the first girl I ever made a pass at (she turned me down, she is straight, good thing at 14 I would not have known what to do and would had to ask he for directions). At 14 we wanted to grow up and start are own Rock band, even though we have no musical talent. We were punk rock girls together, looking cool at all the shows. But it went beyond the surface we talked politics and had debates like no one else I had ever met. She also has been my confident in good times and bad and understands me even when I have been really dark and disturbed, it takes one to know one. Now, we have long since abandoned the idea of a rock band and for the last eight years, have set our sites on beeing queens of the world (a shared title). Now, this brings me to the whole point of this post my super cool, super deep best friend and I and our conversation yesterday. Background info she has a 7 year-old son. She phones and I can hear cartoons blaring and I am watching sesame street. She says " I am watching Sponge-Bob and I have to tell you Karen is like Patrick the starfish". I say, "No, she's more of Ernie on Sesame Street, and I can't decide whether I am Bert or Telly" . If you told me 15 years ago we would have had this conversation, I would have asked you what mind altering substanse were we on (I am not condoning drugs, they are bad, just reflecting on my past). What happened to us? Is the conversations of two hip smart chicks? I think mommyhood ate our brains. But, at least it left Lesley her sense of style mine seemed to have left me the moment I put on maternity clothes. If you ever have the time to read this, I love you Lesley and world domination is just a few steps away!

No comments: