Thursday, November 03, 2005

Sesame Street Musings

I thought I would lighten the mood here. And after a extra large French Vanilla coffee and a carmilk bar, I feel slightly more on kilter. So, my son watches Sesame Street every morning and 1 elmo video in the evening (he is a certified Elmo Junkie). And actually I do not mind, Sesame Street is one of the few children's programs I do not find totally stupid (Don't get me started on Barney or the Boobahs). Also, added bonus Sesame Street brings warm childhood memories for me, I think it is neat we are watching the same thing. Extra plus Elmo helped Robbie learn the parts of his face. But I have 3 big Sesame Street questions on my mind.
1. Do Gaby and Miles got to school or college, or did they forgo school along time ago because they no there ABC's?
2. Why or why is Elmo so fascinating to my son? What is it about him that made him be my son's third word? Myself, I much prefer Ernie and Bert (In fact Karen and I would probably be Ernie and Bert is we were on Sesame Street, with me being Bert)
3. Is Oscar an intellectual Elitist? I mean Oscar by far as the largest and most sophisticated vocabulary on the street and seems disgusted by this simple ABC Stuff. I always feel like he is talking down to the other muppets, in a "I'm Surperior to you kind off way". Maybe the dirty trash stuff is an act of rebellion against the developmentally delayed street.

I know I have thought about this way too much. There is too much Sesame Street in my life, I find myself at work humming the lyrics to "One fine Face". If anyone actually read this, I would love opinions on these questions. And My Question for you, you, you is; If you were a Sesame Street Muppet who would you be and Why?

1 comment:

Estelle said...

I am snufflafugus, or however the hell he spells his name.
I have a much better ear worm for you than sesame street. it's been my ear worm all day. I even posted it on my blog to try and make it GO AWAY, but I will share it with you as well :)

But there are no cats in America And the streets are paved with cheese
Oh there are no cats in America
So set your mind at ease