Monday, November 07, 2005

I am a gay man sort of

We live near the gay village, which I love, even though we do not go out on Saturdays anymore. I love knowing it is there. On nice nights in the summer we go out for ice cream sit on a bench and watch that magical world unfold, I love the couples, the partyers, the shoppers and the teenagers sneakig out for the first taste of the gay world. On the weekend we stopped in my favorite coffee shop for a coffee to go. I looked around and it struck me my favorite coffee place is inhabitted 90% by gay men. Most of my other favorite places are like that. I realize I relate more to gay men, personality wise, stereotypical interests. fashion, etc.. Do not get me wrong I love my lesbian friends, but I feel a special kinship with gay men. When we used to go ut with the girls, I really never fit the mold, I was always way overdressed, I can't play pool and I hate beer. So, I guess I am gay man without a penis, who is attracted to lesbians and lives and sleeps with one! If I want to be really honest I would say I am even more like a drag queen.

No comments: